Wednesday, October 25, 2006

What's with the Nasally Voice?

Gentile Friend:

Why is it that most of the Jewish people that I have met, have very nasaly voices? Whats with the nasal??

Sarcastic Jew:

The nasal voice is actually from after the Jews wandered in the desert for 40 years. They were in the schvitz and they of course were complaining to Moses, "Why does it have to be so hot? I don't know if I can take it if it's going to be this hot. You don't have a drink of water or an ice cube for me to suck on, do you? What's with this heat? My lips are all chaffed and I have a rash. And oy, my feet. You couldn't pick a nicer place for use to go to?" Where upon Moses replied, "Would you rather be in bondage, you should have it so lucky." But the Hebrews (they weren't Jews yet - but that's another story) weren't convinced. Moses then gave them a choice. "Look you can come with me to the promised land, (not Isreal yet - I think it was called Bagallia) or you can go straight to Flushing, (pronounced then Floo - shink) which in those times meant - go to Hell. - All of the Jews that didn't want to stay in Bagallia went to New York and founded a place called Flushing. Soon all the Hebrews, getting ill from the weather change (You see the desert is a dry heat) ended up getting all stopped up nasally and would talk in the same nasal voice you hear today. Flushing still stands today in Queens, NY

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home